Monday 24 March 2008

Official: cold weather caused by global warming


I have been looking for ages for a definitive statement that apparently abnormally cold weather is the result of global warming. And now, thanks to Mark Wadsworth, I have found it.

Thus, this magnificently deranged claim in the Hong Kong Standard:

'As Hong Kong shivers through its second-longest cold spell since 1885, scientists point to global warming to explain the abnormal cold weather phenomenon worldwide.'

Can we now look forward to volcanoes freezing and glaciers catching fire? I do hope so.

3 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Ta for link. I have to keep going back to the original article to remind myself that it is not actually a spoof.

The Creator said...

Pleasure.

I owe you one.

Anonymous said...

if you can't understand that climate change will lead to more than just rising temperatures, that's sort of lame. For an easy example the melting of polar ice slows the flow of the gulf stream-- resulting in lower temperatures in northern europe. global climates are extremely complex and if you don't want to take the time to understand it, don't post your ignorant analysis.