Monday 1 October 2007

This isn't actually a post ...

... it's an experiment. I want to see if I can get text to link to other websites. For no very particular reason, I think legitimate tangent is a worthy subject for my first attempt.

It has to be said that if it does work, however, I don't think I will be doing it too often. First, because the automatic link button doesn't work on my version of Safari meaning that I have to type in by hand a series of mystical and easily confused symbols (arrows, colons, quotation marks, equals signs and so on). Second, because my computer has a French keyboard and practically every symbol on it brings up a different symbol. Thus, press, for example, a semi-colon and you get this: >. Helpful, no?

On the other hand, you also supposed to be hit control/shift/a to bring up a link box. And guess what? That doesn't work either.

3 comments:

Devil's Kitchen said...

May I recommend the Mac OS X-only browser Camino?

DK

The Creator said...

What I have done. Hence the successful link above.

Bog Exile said...

Why thank you for the Link, Mr Brute! I'd do the same for you but my skills are even ropier! But, I'll keep trying!

BogExile